Pages

Thursday 19 December 2019

SLJ Week 1: Day 4: Individual Pursuits: Activity 2

DAY 4: INDIVIDUAL PURSUITS

Activity 2: What’s in a Name? [4 points]
Imagine that you were allowed to change your name to anything that you wanted. On your blog, tell us what you would change your name to and why you would choose that name.

KIA ORA My name's Max and if I could change my name to Wolfgang Barrett Einstein it would make me be so happy and I would feel clever.

My first name, Wolfgang is a strong name, and was the name of a famous composer in the 18th century, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. He started to write songs when he was a child, and he became famous at a young age. Here is a link to the first famous song that he wrote when he was 5 years old- you will be amazed!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=10&v=bke8MvLws5M&feature=emb_logo

My middle name is Barrett because Beuden Barrett is one of my favourite rugby players. He
  is a good goal kicker in the ALL BLACKS.  He was a key member of the 2015 Rugby World Cup winning team, and he was number 15 in the 2019  Rugby World Cup.
HERE IS A LINK TO READ MORE ABOUT BEUDEN BARRET
Image result for beauden john barrett

My last name, Einstein, is after Albert Einstein. He is a famous Scientist born in the 19th century. He won a Nobel Prize (an international award) in 1921 for his scientific discoveries, and he had crazy hair! Also, he was born in Germany, and my family have German ancestry. See this picture for his crazy hair:

Image result for einstein

I like science because I like explosions.

And that is why I would like my name to be Wolfgang Barrett Einstein!!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Maximus. My name is Mahuta and I attend Kawakawa primary school. I am a year 7 in the class Nga Rau Rangatira. I really like how you explained about what you would change your name to because not many people would do that. However you could attribute you photos because if you do not your doing plagiarism that's taking things off the internet that isn't yours. Other than that great blog.
    Blog you later:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Maximus,

    My name is Taleisha and I am a year 8 student commenter for the Summer Learning Journey. I was given the job by Tayla who is another commenter. She will comment on your blog posts at some stage :)

    Wow. You certainly have a very creative mind. I would've chosen a more, simpler name but I admire your creativity. It would certainly be a name you should be proud of. After all your name consists of the names of a child prodigy, an amazing rugby star and a genius scientist. I'm sure quite a lot of people would want to be named after their idols. It definitely has given me some thought if I were to change my name :)

    Which is your favourite name from your name you have created?

    I hope to see more posts from you later on these holidays :)

    Taleisha

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post, Max. You are every bit as interesting as the three people you chose to talk about. I like the way you have used photos and links to enhance your post. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia ora Max,
    I forgot to remind you about your images. For each image/photo that you use, you have to say where you found it. Also, you need more detail in your introduction to each post so that your readers know what day, which activity, which question you are answering. Check out the way Ariana does this on her blog posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kia ora Max,

    I hope you're having a nice day! It's awesome to have you participating in the Summer Learning Journey. I've been enjoying reading the work you've posted so far :)

    Wow, Wolfgang Barrett Einstein is certainly a very interesting and creative name! You have clearly thought hard about this activity and put a lot of effort into explaining why you would choose this name. Did it take you long to think about these 3 people you would like to be named after?

    I really like how you've included photos and links to make your post more eye-catching. Just remember that you need to tell us where you borrow your images from. If you need some help with this, check this link out:
    https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1VKjkMGwBrk2YI6Vtmg91OAQljr_T3ZSV6YZtu6MWFNM/edit?usp=sharing

    Keep up the awesome work, Maximus.

    Ngā mihi,
    Tayla

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kia ora Maximus,

    I just wanted to pop in and say that I loved how creative you were with this post! I have added it to a slideshow of outstanding blog posts from Kaikohekohe, which you can find here:

    https://sites.google.com/site/summerlearningjourney/outstanding-blog-posts

    Keep up the awesome work, Maximus. I look forward to reading more from you :)

    Ngā mihi,
    Tayla

    ReplyDelete